Welcome to Wandering in the Stacks. As you may have guessed, I’m a reader, a browser, a book store lover. I can’t bring myself to get an e-reader, although I like to go to the stores and play with them! I tend to be a partially-apologetic book snob. That means that I will probably not be reading and reviewing whatever is on the bestseller list. I like to wander in the stacks of my favorite shops, running my eyes and fingers over the covers, reading blurbs, hoping to discover a hidden gem. Sometimes it happens, often times it does not. I sometimes go looking for a specific title, especially if it’s recommended to me by a trusted fellow reader, or if I need something specific for a reading challenge.
I’m also a feminist.
What that means:
· I read books with a critical eye.
· I try to read books by women, by people of color, by queer people, and works translated by women. Not mutually exclusive categories, of course.
· My thoughts on books will reflect my feminist musings.
What that doesn’t mean:
· That I just read books on feminism.
· I hate books by men.
· I hate books that are arguably pretty misogynistic, by authors who are arguable pretty misogynistic (why, hellllllllloooooooooo Hemingway.)
If you’re still here, I invite you to Wander in the Stacks with me.