Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Salon: Slump Busted?

Yeah, I think the first slump of 2012 is officially busted. After last weekend's readathon, I finished two more books, and started two more. Right now I'm still on a Tamora Pierce kick. I just finished Mastiff, the third in the Beka Cooper trilogy (and OMG it was so good!) I checked it out from the library last week, and hurried to finish it, as I believe there are more people waiting for it. I know I get irritated when I have to wait for my holds, so I don't want to make someone else wait.

I'd like to finish at least one more book this month. The hubby is heading out of town this afternoon. He'll be gone a few days, so I'll have some time to myself. I might finally go see The Hunger Games with my friend who convinced me to read the books.

I do need to catch up on my reviews. I've only had two review posts in the entire month of April! What kind of book blogger am I? I'm aiming to finish up a review for tomorrow, so that will be three for the month. I like to have a few posts ready to go for when I'm in a slow spell. Since I have several library books checked out, I should concentrate on writing those up first. Wish me luck!

What are your plans this Sunday?

5 comments:

dollycas aka Lori said...

Glad the slump has passed. I too want to get in one more book this month.

We had a special delivery here last week.http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/2012/04/29/sunday-salon-oh-what-a-week/ Check out my post if you get a chance.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Some months are better for reading than others...sometimes for no apparent reason.

I hope to finish another book today...but I keep getting distracted.

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

My blog posts for this entire year have strictly been memes. Sad, isn't it?

Oh well, better than nada....

Here's my
Sunday Salon.
I hope you will stop by!

Vasilly said...

I know what you mean about writing reviews. I think two is also my total for this month. My plans for today is to do homework and read a little. Have a great week.

Dani In NC said...

I think something quick and not terribly deep usually works to get me out of a reading slump. Now, if only I could remember that for the next time I'm in one!

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog.