Friday, June 1, 2012

May In Review

May. What a month. I was officially hired at my new job as of May 1st, which is totally awesome. I managed to chip away a bit of my classics challenges by reading The Rover, a play by Aphra Behn.

There should be a DID THIS button on Pinterest...complete with loud applause when you click it.I completed Trish's Pin It, Do It Challenge (barely!). I'd only signed up for the "Timid Pinner" level, which I thought would be no problem to complete. I ran into some unexpected challenges, like hard to find ingredients, but managed to have fun and keep myself busy. Here are the projects I chose:

Corner Bookmark
Cheddar Pecan Crisps
Tile Coasters

And here's a breakdown of what I managed to read:
5 books total
5 fiction                100%
0 nonfiction          0%
4 female authors  80%
1 translated           20%
I've got some serious reading plans for June, including participation in Allie's Victorian Reading Celebration. I just need to find the copy of The Mill on the Floss that I bought when I was in New York. I've also checked out a couple books from the library that I'm itching to read. 

No comments: